Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fish head curry

What else would you do with a fish head sitting in your freezer? :)



Ingredients. I'm not the best cook when it comes to curries, so I took a short-cut and just bought fish head curry paste from Yuen's nyeheheh.

And look!



Mutated okra! :P

The curry turned out pretty gooood..



Not burn-your-tongue-make-u-cry kinda spicy (cos I cannot take spicy food FML), but spicy enough to hit the spot and make you want more!

Before this fish head was just a fish head, it looked like this:



We didn't keep this one I caught lah, we kept the one Eddie caught cos there wasn't enough space in the freezer for two.

Eddie caught a big thready too but his line snapped before he could land it :( So Mariah had to do without her threadfin salmon sashimi this time.

Anyway, we cut the jew up into three portions. Eddie cooked up the middle section a few days ago:



Pan-fried and doused in sweet sugar soy + ginger shreds fried to a crisp. Super scrumptious!

Now thinking of what to do with the tail bit. Sweet and sour?