I don't know if it's from the late-night exercise, or the power nap I had at 6pm, or the combination of both. It's shingz, cos I start work at 8 tomorrow and I really want to be up when Eddie leaves for the airport at 5!
Called the parentals for a chat since I couldn't sleep. Very excited about seeing them again soon, but disappointed that I won't be going back to Miri this time around. I haven't been home for two years already. What wouldn't I give to be able to drive out this very instant to have a nice bowl of 叉烧油kolo面 at Cafe A1 :(
Honestly, I'm not looking forward to KL. I hate the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle, and I hate the jams and pollution. I guess I'm still a small town girl at heart. I don't care for shopping, I only want to eat but I won't know the best places to go to for the foods I crave. I won't be able to go to the beach anytime I want and buy RM1 chicken wings from the makciks fanning delicious red skewers of meat at makeshift stalls scattered around the Esplanade. I won't be able to meet up with my friends back home... so close, yet so far. I also hate the fact that I won't have the guts to drive in KL because I don't know the roads, and I hate the fact that Malaysian drivers are so fucking fucked up. I was shocked that my parents had so easily made the decision to move to KL and buy condo and car and everything... but I guess after staying in Beijing for the past few years, they've already gotten used to big city life.
I'm super duper looking forward to Singapore though, because I haven't been there since I was probably 6! I'll have 'tour-guides' to bring me around on a quest to fill my bottomless pit with the best local delicacies, and more importantly, I'll be meeting Eddie's family for the first time :)
. . . . .
Anyhoos, tonight's karate training was focused on hip-rotation and a bit of self-defence... for example, like how you'd react to a drunk who decides to swing a punch/kick you in a bar/on the streets. Learnt some interesting stuff and had some good practice using the ippon ken (see picture)
It's pretty cool that Sensei Stephen is a qualified masseur, because he knows which muscles connect to which and where all the weak spots are to knock someone out. Kinda like those Chinese kung-fu movies where you jab someone in specific spots with one finger and paralyze them hehe.
I also love how this dojo has separate classes for beginners, intermediates and advanced seniors, because I am learning so much more training with people my own level rather than always having to help out with beginners in a mixed class. Plus Sensei Stephen really knows his stuff. AND it's Shito-ryu. I couldn't have asked for more. :D
. . . . .
Hmm got a bruise on my shin from soccer on Sunday.
Don't underestimate the importance of shin-guards, people, even in a friendly game.
. . . . .
Tummy's rumbling again. Groan.
Gonna hop back into bed now and try to fall asleep again before I feel the need to go to McDonalds.
Good luck with the exam revisions, all!
xoxo
