Sunday, July 26, 2009

Love Sundays!

Slept in this morning and woke up sandwiched between the boyfriend and the cat.

I'd had the weirdest dream about my tattooist (who somehow looked like a John Travolta on steroids) not being able to do my tattoo because it was too small, and therefore resulting in me having to settle for a puny little generic flower doodled on the spot and ending up not having it done anyway because something happened which involved lots of construction workers and a cement mixer on a contruction site outside the tattoo parlour and I can't remember what else anymore wtf.

Anyhoos.

I was so bothered by the dream I wanted to go to the city right after I woke up, to ask the friendly tattoo people whether or not my design was really too small to put on my tiny wrist.
So we went.
I had a glimpse of my tattooist, whom the male receptionist passed on my queries to (and whom was busy etching a colourful backpiece on a fat lady)
He said it was ok.

It's weird that I'm feeling freaked out about getting a tattoo less than an eighth the size of the one I already have.
Eddie says I shouldn't be because I've been through the whole process before, but that, perhaps, is precisely why I am... because I still remember how much I cringed and winced at the incessant drilling of the needle... and because this new one is so small, by the time my brain gets accustomed to the pain, the whole thing would've been over.

ANYHOOS.

We decided to spoil ourselves with breakfast at Bubbles...


My Big Breakfast + hazelnut latte, and Eddie's eggs benedict with smoked salmon and capers + hot chocolate

Indulgence is having my Sunday big brekkies without having to smell of bacon afterwards or tackle the aftermath (read: dirty dishes + bacon grease all over the stove) :)))

Walked around Queen St Mall for a bit.
Got a hot new top from Forever New (I can't wait for summer to wear it!!!)
Eddie got a(nother) soccer ball from Rebel Sports to add to his growing collection of balls.

Yes Eddie loves his balls. *smirks*

We ALMOST bought gorgeous new matching watches because the shop had this 18-month interest-free repayment plan thingy.
:(
Evil place, that. EEEEEEE-VILLLL

I wants that watch *whinge*

Am still looking for THE black carryall/tote.

Stopped by the Sunday Market on Eagle Street pier to get daddy's birthday pressie, but the stall was already packing up.
Bought a colourful windmill on a stick for our garden from a funny black man
Oh-so-happifying, colours make me happy!
And Gosh how I love market people too :)
Andrew's cutting board stall was there but he was nowhere to be seen.
Eddie wanted to get a german sausage *smirks again* but they were sold out.
We got a cup of icy-cold pure strawberry juice each (which was more like strawberry OOZE... it was so THICK and gooey we couldn't finish it)


Spotted my teacher aide Janet whose husband owns the stall selling licorice, and went over to say Hi.
I'm not a big fan of sweets, but Eddie got some sour Cola licorice and OMFG IT WAS SO GOOD MUST TRY OK.

Eddie wanted to insisted demanded on playing soccer :P
Julia and Kaka and I watched the boys play while we just sat on the grass and enjoyed the beautiful weather (Wish you were there too Rhonda!)

And because I was supposed to do the groceries to make dinner but I didn't because I was too busy enjoying the sunshine, we ate out again for dinner.

Was freaking CRAVING for char kuay teow with lots of sea 'ham' (clams) + chilli potong
Depressing OK!
In the end found substitute at the Thai restaurant next to Nando's & Miss India @ St. Lucia
A bit expensive la but it did the job

Since Woolies and Coles were closed already (why the fuck do they close so early on weekends when that's the only time people can afford to do their groceries!!!) we went to IGA Milton instead to get milk and bread.
I got 2 Litres of Barambah Organics milk!! (Yes I am obsessed with it)

Been craving for Guiness since reading [Kenny Sia's blog] last night so we dropped by the bottleshop to get a couple of cans of draught
Died laughing drinking over Whose Line Is It Anyway



Work tomorrow!
No more three-day weekends for Ms. Siong BOO :(

KTHXBAI